Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep – Fran Drescher
America runs on two things; gasoline and coffee.
They’re the ingredients that keep our nation’s heart pumping and wheels turning, and while we’re rabid supporters of the big picture, even we can’t imagine the amount of coffee that it would take to wake the country up every morning.
We tried doing the math and it was overly complicated and involved a lot of big numbers, so we just decided to default to agreeing with each other that it takes a lot of coffee to get America out of bed and on the way to work every day.
Probably more than most of us could ever drink in a hundred lifetimes.
As wonderful as it is to think about that much coffee though, sometimes all you want is a single cup to kick start your own motor or to help you relax when your working day is finally done and dusted.
Traditionally, the single-cup coffee maker market has been dominated by Keurig, the inventors of the K-Cup pod and incredibly efficient one cup coffee makers.
But what if, for whatever reason, you don’t want to rely on Keurig for your single cup of coffee every day? What if you don’t want to get tied into using K-Cup pods?
How can you get a single cup of coffee that isn’t brewed by Keurig? Believe it or not, there is a different way to get your caffeine infusion.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list to help you find the best Keurig alternative. We discovered some of the greatest single cup coffee makers available so that you can get your one cup without having to turn to Keurig. It’s time to hit the coffee trail…
Best Keurig Alternative Reviews
Mueller has a simple mission. To design, manufacture, and deliver superior products that improve and enhance people’s lives.
A kitchenware specialist, Mueller has forged their brand by following their mission objective to the letter and knowing how important coffee is, they created their own that, much like everything else that they do, rigidly adheres to their mission blueprints.
Rather than chaining their coffee maker to a single brand, Mueller’s single-serve machine is compatible with most pods which opens up a whole world of possible coffee options for you at the touch of a button.
Using Rapid Brew technology, it’ll serve your coffee quickly and at exactly the right temperature, and can deliver its brew to four different sizes of cups (six, eight ten, or twelve ounces) at the touch of a button, so you’ll always be able to get your coffee just the way you like and want it.
And thanks to having a forty-eight-ounce reservoir, you can just fill it up in the morning, and all you have to do to keep yourself in fresh coffee all day is keep changing the pods and pressing the brew button.
This single-serve coffee maker lives to the letter of Mueller’s core mission and can, and will, adapt to your coffee ritual. Whatever flavor and roast of coffee makes you smile, if there’s a pod for it, this machine can, and will, make it for you.
It’s all of the single-serve versatility you could ever want, at the touch of a button — a solid option for the best Keurig alternative.
- It’ll go from cold to delivering ready to drink coffee in around sixty seconds. The Rapid Brew system lives up to its name and makes coffee in less time than it takes to fasten your shoelaces.
- Compatible with most single-serve pods, the Mueller will hand you the keys to the coffee pod universe. How you use them when it does, is entirely up to you.
- Best of all though? It comes with a rock-solid, two-year warranty. So if it doesn’t live up to expectations and sacrifices itself on the altar of the gods of coffee, Mueller will either replace it or give you your money back.
- And now for the bad news. It can be a devil to clean, especially if it suffers catastrophic pod failure (it happens, not often admittedly, but it does happen) and can try your patience to its limit when you’re attempting to scrub every last, used coffee ground out of it.
- There’s also a small number of disgruntled users who have shared their individual Mueller coffee-related horror stories online and some of them will send shivers down your spine. But, we hasten to add, they are a tiny minority of Mueller users, so the odds of you becoming part of their club are slim to almost non-existent.
- Compatible: Mueller coffee maker is designed to fit most coffee makers using pods as well so you can have your cup of coffee the way you want it!
- Versatile: With 4 different brew sizes available, you choose the strength you want. Can be programmed to brew 6, 8 ,10 & 12 oz cups.
- Rapid Brew: New heater technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature - no more cold coffee
- Large 48 Oz Removable Water Tank: With a large opening it is now much more convenient to fill it with water and clean. Great for when you have family & friends over and no more having to re-fill with water constantly.
- Mueller's Mission - Our mission is to deliver simply superior products that improve people's lives!
Last update on 2021-07-23 // More Information
There was a time when the name Cuisinart was synonymous with kitchen science and all kinds of rapid-fire advancements in culinary technology.
And even though they might not cast the same size shadow that they once did, Cuisinart is still at the forefront of the cutting edge of kitchen design and development.
This scene-stealing single-serve coffee maker is packed full of the sort of technology that Cuisinart built their brand on, and it’s nice to know that they’re still making coffee makers that can score home-run after home-run.
Its seventy-two-ounce water reservoir means that you’ll be able to brew cup after cup of delicious coffee, regardless of which of the five cup size (four-six, eight, ten, or twelve) you choose.
And as it’s not only compatible with just about every brand of single-serve pod, including Keurig K-Cup, but also comes with its own HomeBarista reusable filter cup. You’ll be able to take full advantage of the cornucopia of ground coffee that is available.
By using the Cuisinart’s twenty-four-hour programmable feature, you’ll also be able to make sure that your coffee is ready and waiting for you before heading out of the door to work every morning, and thanks to its thirty-minute auto-off, you’ll never have to worry about whether or not you turned the coffee machine off, as it will do it for you.
Cuisinart might not be the first name that springs to mind when single-serve coffee makers come up in conversation, but they should be.
Everything that they learned in their long and incredible history has been fashioned into this coffee machine to make your coffee rich life even better than it already is.
- It’s been designed to be versatile and as well as using single-serve pods, it’s also capable (thanks to its HomeBarista filter cup) of brewing freshly ground coffee. It combines the best of the drip coffee and filter coffee and single-serve pod worlds in one easy to use, convenient, and incredibly good looking machine.
- Its seventy-two-ounce reservoir means that you’ll fit it once and, even if you’re a fan of the biggest size cup that it makes, you’ll be good to go for at least six brews.
- Because they’re so confident in their single-serve coffee maker, Cuisinart also guarantees it for three years. It comes with a thirty-six-month warranty that’ll give you all the caffeine powered peace of mind that you’ll need to invest in this coffee maker.
- While it has the sort of space-age, drop-dead good looks that wouldn’t be out of place on a ‘Star Trek’ set, the Cuisinart is unfortunately made out of plastic. We know, we think it would look better in brushed steel or aluminum too, but Cuisinart didn’t think it would, so it’s been fashioned from plastic instead.
- That seventy two-ounce water reservoir means that it’s big for a single-serve coffee maker. And when we say it’s big, we mean it’s really, really big. It’ll take up a lot of counter space in your kitchen. Don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
- K-Cup compatible brewer makes one cup at a time, Compatible with any brand of single cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods. Cord length : 32 Inches
- 5 beverage sizes: 4-12 oz, Removable 72-ounce water reservoir, Charcoal water filter
- Hot water button lets you enjoy instant coffee, soup, tea and hot cocoa; Rinse feature instantly cleans the inside of the brew chamber
- Material Type - Plastic. Kindly check user guide for further clarification
- Fully programmable with a full spectrum of features, including Auto On/Off and adjustable temperature control. Note : Refer to the video for Installation and PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual. Do not clean drip tray with cleansers, steel wool pads, or other abrasive materials
Last update on 2021-07-23 // More Information
Mr. Coffee is an American coffee making institution, and even though they’ve only been around for five decades, their caffeine flavored DNA has been hopelessly intertwined with that of US history.
Bands have written songs about them and they’ve helped to fuel our society in ways that most of us couldn’t even begin to imagine, so it’s little wonder that Mr. Coffee also makes a single-serve coffee maker that can put a smile on the face of even the most dedicated caffeine enthusiast.
Sticking with their tired and tested “If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it” method of design that ensures that their coffee makers are simple to use, straightforward to clean, and efficient, the Mr. Coffee single-serve will brew up to a ten-ounce cup of coffee, depending on how much water you add to the reservoir in under two minutes.
Made to be used with all Keurig K-Cup pods, the Mr. Coffee also has a hidden trick up its sleeve. It’ll also brew ground coffee, which you can make using the included filter cup.
While it doesn’t reinvent the wheel or revolutionize the world of coffee making, Mr. Coffee’s single-serve coffee machine does exactly what its creators have been doing for fifty years. It makes great coffee the way you like it, when you want it.
- It’s convenient, easy to use and thanks to its reservoir only holding the amount of water that you’ll want to make every single brew with, you’ll know that the water you use for your coffee will be fresh every single time you switch it on.
- The size of the cup of coffee that you want to make is entirely up to you. It’ll brew any size up to ten ounces each and every single time that you switch it on. Size matters and Mr. Coffee knows it does.
- It’s a best of both worlds single-serve coffee maker that’ll let you brew with pods or ground coffee and will enable you to sample the best that they both have to offer whenever you want to.
- It also comes with a rock, solid Mr. Coffee guaranteed, one year warranty that’ll give you a year of worry-free brewing fun.
- Compared to most single-serve coffee makers, Mr. Coffee is incredibly basic. But what it lacks in technology, it more than makes up for with functionality. It’s been made to brew a single serving of coffee and that’s exactly what it does.
- Single cup Coffee maker brews K Cup packs or your favorite ground Coffee, producing servings up to 10 ounces
- Automatic shut off when brewing is complete
- Includes my grounds reusable filter
- Removable, washable drip tray keeps brew space neat and tidy
- 24 inches power cord
Last update on 2021-07-23 // More Information
Everything that Mixpresso does is done with a combination of love and clarity of purpose.
All of their coffee makers are made to their demanding specifications and they refuse to compromise on quality or efficiency, imbuing their machines with both so that you can enjoy cup after cup of divine coffee.
Made to be compatible with just about every brand of single-serve pod available, including Keurig K-Cups, the Mixpresso has a ten-ounce reservoir that’s been designed to brew one cup of delicious coffee at the touch of a button.
It’s a simple, elegant machine for a much more civilized coffee drinking age that’s easy to use and clean and has been engineered to do the one thing that you want it to do. Brew great coffee time and time and time again.
They’re not the flashiest of coffee brands in the world, but Mixpresso is incredibly passionate about coffee and that shines through in absolutely everything that they do.
They want you to share their love of the bean and enjoy the freshest of coffee whenever you want to, and that’s why they gave the world their single-serve coffee maker.
- It isn’t just a fast brewing machine, it’s a record-breaking coffee maker and will serve you a cup of coffee from cold in around thirty seconds. Snap your fingers, press go and your coffee will be ready, in lightning quick time.
- It’s K-Cup compatible, and can also brew ground coffee using the K-Cup filter cup. Mixpresso revolves around their passion for coffee and it’s a passion that you’ll end up sharing if you give in and start using their single-serve coffee maker.
- Every Mixpresso machine comes with a cast-iron soaked in caffeine twelve-month warranty. So you can brew away without a care in the world for a year.
- Like the Mr. Coffee, the amount of coffee that it brews is dependent solely on the amount of water that you add to its reservoir. It’ll brew up to ten ounces of coffee any time you fill it up and hit the button, but that’s all that it will do.
- Even though it can also brew ground coffee if you want the Mixpresso to follow that path you’ll have to invest in the K-Cup filter, as it isn’t included with the machine. Which seems a little redundant to us. Why make a machine to do something that it can’t do straight out of the box without optional extras? Nope, we can’t see the logic in making you pay more to do something with the machine that should have been included with it.
- ☕️ INSTANT COFFEE MAKER: Our Single Serve Coffee maker is exactly what you need to start your day productively and on a high note! Compatible with K-Cups and easily programmable, our coffee machine can almost instantly brew your favorite brand of ground coffee with our quick-brewing technology!
- ☕️ 100% AUTOMATIC FUNCTION: Make your favorite flavors of Single Cup pods or ground coffee in an instant since the preheating time is just 2 minutes. Just press one button to start and shut down and press and hold the button to drain the water and effortlessly clean the inner part of the coffee maker as well!
- ☕️ PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION FOR COFFEE LOVERS: With 800 Watts of power and heavy-duty materials, this Single Cup Coffee Maker is perfect for anyone living alone, or even for families whose sleeping schedule does not coincide. Program your new electric coffee maker to prepare a 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz cup of coffee and wake up with pure energy and delicious taste!
- ☕️ A BREEZE TO CLEAN: We know you’re probably a busy man or woman with not much time to replace coffee filters or clean messy kitchen accidents! Now, you can simply wash the single cup serve pods drawer under the tap and easily fill the small coffee maker under the tap as well! Literally takes a few seconds to clean and reuse.
- ☕️ LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Here at Mixpresso, your satisfaction is the core of our mission. That’s why we want you to get in touch with us if you are not entirely thrilled with your purchase for ANY reason and we will make it right. After all, your Mixpresso Coffee Makers are covered under the umbrella of our 1-YEAR WARRANTY.
Last update on 2021-07-23 // More Information
Even heroes need a cup of coffee to stir themselves into action in the mornings, so why not start your day the right way and share a cup of coffee with America’s favorite champion of truth, justice, and freedom, Steve Rogers.
Being a Brooklyn native, Captain America knows how much your cup of joe means to you, and that’s why Marvel stepped into the breach to make this one cup coffee maker that’ll get you up and on your feet.
It isn’t a complicated machine. You just fill the reservoir, fill the removable, easy to clean, reusable filter with the best ground coffee that you can lay your hands on, put it back in the machine and press go.
And five minutes later, you’ll have a cup of freshly brewed coffee that you’ll be able to enjoy straight from the Captain America mug that’s included with the coffee maker.
Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest, and coffee makers don’t come much simpler, or easier to use this Marvel machine. If you believe in the red, white, and blue as much as Cap does, then there’s no better way to enjoy your morning jolt of java.
- It’s a simple, straightforward coffee maker. You just add water and ground coffee and it does the rest. What could be easier?
- It even comes with its own Captain America mug, so you drink your coffee the Steve Rogers way.
- And if you’re a comic book fan, it’s the perfect way to indulge your inner geek and enjoy great coffee at the same time.
- Best of all though, it’s more ecologically friendly than other single-serve coffee makers on our list. One of the biggest problems with pod-based coffee makers is the pods they use, which can’t be recycled, create a huge amount of landfill every year and as they’re plastic, they take hundreds of years to decompose. This coffee maker does away with all of that and does things the old fashioned, ecologically sound way. It just uses ground coffee.
- It’s a straightforward, simple one cup coffee maker. That’s all it is and all it does. It looks good and it makes coffee. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Single serve coffee maker
- Illuminated on/off switch
- Removable drip tray
- Flip top lid
- 12 ounce mug and permanent filter included
Last update on 2021-07-23 // More Information
Best Keurig Alternatives Buyers Guide
Which Non-Keurig Is The Best One For Me and My Cup of Coffee?
As all of the single-serve coffee makers on our list have been designed to, and do, exactly the same thing, make a single cup of great-tasting coffee, so the only factors that you should really base your choice on, are price and versatility.
That said if you were to ask us which single-serve coffee maker we’d recommend, we’d always advise that you invest in the same coffee machine that we use to brew our morning cup of joe, and that’s the Cuisinart.
Infinitely adaptable, incredibly versatile, and easy to use, it’s made it possible for us to expand our coffee lexicon in ways that we never dreamed were possible. And it hasn’t let us down yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Keurig?
As we’ve been talking about Keurig and have pointed out a number of alternate coffee makers, we think it’s worth briefly mentioning who they are.
Keurig is the company that invented the K-Cup coffee pod and revolutionized the way that people thought about, and consumed coffee as they designed and introduced the idea of a single-serve coffee machine that used their pods.
Keurig became, and remains, one of the most dominant forces in the home-based coffee maker market, and while they have worked hard to establish their place in the caffeine food chain, sometimes it’s nice to put your weight behind an alternative rather than blindly supporting the biggest name in the game.
What Is A Single Serve Coffee Maker?
A single-serve coffee maker is a machine that has been purposely designed to brew a single cup of coffee by using a coffee pod or the right amount of ground (or filter) coffee and an exact amount of water.
Usually smaller than drip coffee makers and multi-cup machines, they are designed to be efficient and simple to use and thanks to a nearly endless variety of coffee pods and filter coffee, make it possible for you to sample and enjoy thousands of different flavors, roasts, and brands of coffee.